Choosing a new home for you and your family is not a decision to be made lightly, as there are many factors to take into account. Below, we offer some considerations as to why purchasing new construction may be a better choice than buying an older (“resale”) home.
- Live in Your Dream Home instead of adapting to someone else’s. It can be comforting and exciting to know that no other family has lived in this home. It has been built with you in mind, and you have had the opportunity to customize it to your own unique style.
- Choice/Personalization ~ A home is the quite possibly the largest investment many of us ever make, and having the opportunity to customize your home in your own signature style can be a significant advantage.
- Improved Living Space ~ Modern open floor plan designs accommodate how we live today, which may be very different from when the older houses were built. In addition, older homes typically do not have the closet or storage space that newer designs have.
- Built to Current Codes ~ Some issues which may have been considered passable when the home was originally inspected may no longer be acceptable building practices.
- Modern Conveniences ~ Newer homes feature the latest and most energy-efficient appliances, windows, and technologies, and are built with today’s busy lifestyles in mind.
- Enhanced Electrical Systems designed for today’s lifestyles. Our homes are now often filled with computers, microwaves, big-screen televisions, etc., and some of the electrical systems found in older homes are simply not sophisticated enough to handle today’s technology demands.
- Warranty ~ New homes have a warranty (Northland Residential’s is one year), which allows you a comfortable time frame in which to address any issues with your builder.
- Less Maintenance ~ New homes feature brand new operating systems, such as plumbing, electrical, and HVAC, which typically don’t require maintenance for quite some time.
- Energy Efficiency ~ New homes (particularly our homes which are Built Northland Residential Green and are ENERGY STAR-Certified) are much more energy efficient, potentially saving you hundreds of dollars each year in utility costs.
- Healthier Environments ~ New homes have better indoor air quality and can improve your family’s health — particularly if there are issues with asthma, or allergies.
- (We know we said Top 10 Reasons, but we couldn’t stop at just 10!)
Cost ~ Although a new home may cost slightly more on the front end, you will save a lot of money on energy bills, operating costs, and maintenance while you live there.